[MR] Information from the Clerk Signet's Office

Ashley Powers belles15 at vt.edu
Thu Nov 7 16:24:30 PST 2013

Greetings to all from your new Clerk Signet,

   As the office is being transitioned, please be patient; we are trying to
make the transition go as smoothly as possible for everyone involved.

As I step into this office, I have a few announcements.

  In the coming weeks I will be updating the scribal roster so the office
will have the current list of scribes who wish to be contacted for Kingdom
assignments.  If you would like to be added, please send an email to signet
AT atlantia.sca.org <signet at atlantia.sca.org> and include the following:
SCA and modern name, group you are residing in, email address, preferred
telephone number, and any additional information you would like related to
your work (ex: if someone wishes to only work on calligraphy, I would
appreciate knowing that). If you run a scriptorium, please indicate that as
well.

  If you would like to request a backlog scroll assignment, please contact
Lady Aemilia Rose at backlog_deputy AT scribe.atlantia.sca.org.  She is
continuing on as our backlog deputy and will be happy to help you with any
questions related to the backlog. Thank you Aemilia for all that you are
doing!

  For now, please send scroll blanks directly to me.  Let me know in
advance which events you will be attending so that we can make arrangements
for collection. A mailing address can be found on the office contact page
if you wish to send them that way instead.

  I will have office hours twice a week (on Monday and Thursday
afternoons). These are the days in which I will be actively working on the
office’s information and replying to general questions, emails, phone
calls, etc…  If there are imminent situations/ problems occurring, they
will be addressed at the time of occurrence.  If you need to reach me about
an assignment that is due within 7 days, that will count as an imminent
situation and will be addressed ASAP.

 *In cases that need immediate attention and active conversation, please
make sure you call me (even if you have already sent an email).  Email/
messaging is passive notification, not active conversation; please don’t
assume I have read your message shortly after it is sent.

  If you are sending a message to me in regards to assignments and this
office, please send them to the Signet Email account.  Please Do Not send
them as a message on Facebook as I do not check Facebook messaging
regularly and will not be responding from that forum.

  I will be using the Atlantian College of Scribes email listserv.  If you
are not subscribed to that list and would like to be, the subscription page
can be found here:

  The Atlantian Scribal Handbook is currently being looked at and reviewed
as we start planning the update of the document.  If you can help and would
like to participate in the update, please let me know!

  I am excited to be able to meet those of you I have not had the
opportunity to meet before now and work with all of you as we go forward!  If
you have questions, ideas, suggestions, etc… related to the Atlantian
College of Scribes, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Thank you for your time,

-Lady Oliva Isabelle

Signet AT Atlantia.sca.org,

434-238-5409