[MR] In Praise of Golden Dolphin Herald

Gise scribe0002 at aol.com
Tue Nov 5 16:19:48 PST 2013

Because Atlantians are everywhere but not all in any one place ... I apologize to those who will have read this already elsewhere but I feel it warrants posting here, as well.

I want to take a moment to publicly thank Dame Hrothny, Atlantia's Golden Dolphin Herald who handles all the submissions for the kingdom.

 For those of you who don't realize, this kingdom generates several hundred heraldic submissions each year. Each one is sent to Hrothny, scanned, uploaded into OSCAR, sent out to kingdom commentors, considered, thought about, researched ... a decision on each one must be made based on commentary and research and then sent up to Laurel, she defends Atlantian submissions at Laurel, maintains paper files (5 four-drawer filing cabinets) of every heraldic submission and communication generated. She does all this and so much more ...

 Each month. Every month Without fail. No matter how many submissions come from Pennsic or WoW's consult tables. No matter how thin the documentation. No matter how poorly drawn the emblazon. No matter how overwhelming time constraints might be.

 She took the office with a minimal understanding of the actual process. Her perseverance in learning the tasks and relearn them as the process changed, to spend her time, energies and resources to serve each client and each herald, to try to beef up weak documentation, to redraw and recolor problem emblazons. To learn the complex rules ... and then learn them again when SENA (new rules for heraldic submissions) was released.

 Her office comprises the lion's share of the work this College does and she does it without complaint.

 This is my public acknowledgement of the service she provides and of the example she sets for all book heralds in this kingdom. It is my public thanks for all she has done in support of College and Kingdom ... and of me. Thank you.

 With my absolute admiration, gratitude and affection, Thank you.

 Gisela Triton