[MR] Fall Crown Tournament Tomorrow!

Rachael Storey rmstorey at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 17:50:01 PDT 2013

Greetings Atlantia!

I hope to see many of you at tomorrow's Fall Crown Tournament.  The day is
shaping up to be fine and fair, with clear skies and temperatures in the
sixties.

A few notes and reminders for the day:

* At last count, we still had thirteen feast seats left.  Additionally,
offboard seating will be available at the back of the feast hall for anyone
wishing to bring their own dinner.

* There is no populace lunch being offered.

* A few gentles have inquired about the use of camp stoves.  While open
flames are not allowed on site, the deputy Seneschal and I are in agreement
that a propane camp stove is an enclosed flame and should be fine.  If you
do use one, please move it at least 150 feet away from any tent or building
so as to comply with Fairfax County fire code.  We ask that nobody bring a
charcoal grill or other means of cooking that cannot be turned off with a
switch or knob, and that if you do bring a camp stove you also please bring
a fire extinguisher.

* If you have requested pavilion space, please see Baron Marcellus
Capoziello da Napoli before setting up; he will direct you to your assigned
space.

* This is an outdoor site, a ways out of the city, so there are plenty of
animal visitors.  I walked the site today and cleaned up as much as I
could, but there may well be a few "presents" tomorrow morning.  Just make
sure to watch where you are stepping.

I look forward to seeing many of you tomorrow!  Vivat Atlantia!

-Giovanna Rossellini da Firenze, Autocrat