[MR] ConCarolinas Thank Yous

Wayne Remes wremes at carolina.rr.com
Sun May 31 17:50:44 PDT 2009

I would like to thank those of you that came out to support the SCA demo/activities at ConCarolinas. Ron McClug, the main Convention coordinator was very pleased with us. Achbar did a smashup job as the main liason between us and the Constaff. Achbar, again this year brought a TV, VCR and pennsic DVDs as the main demo presentation at the SCA table. We were surrounded by tables manned by LARP groups, and our TV presentation was really good.
 I would also like to really really thank Murienne and Symon who came down and supported the Con despite having put on the Dance and Dessert Revel the night before in Greensboro. Murienne held down the SCA booth for most of the day; that in itself is almost a Herculian task. Symon fought in the tourney and helped hold down the booth.The tourney came off extremly well, and while heat eventually got the best of us, it took nearly an hour and a half of fighting on the concrete, outdoors, to do so. The procession thru the Con by the fighters went very well also, and resulted in a large crowd following us to the tourney site and watching most of the tourney. We had the best crowd and crowd participation we have ever seen at ConCarolinas. The Con itself had over 960 attendees by Saturday Night. I think we might have even recruited one or two.

I would also like to thank:
Geffrei for acting as the MOL and holding down the booth.
Gwynwilf for serving as Chiurgeon and water bearer during the tourney. I know she was personally responsible for keeping me hydrated during the tourney.
Lady Marie Helene for Heralding the procession as well as the tourney and working the crowd at the tourney.
Mistress Megara for filling up the memory on her camera with 300+ photos of us.
Niccolina the Wanderer for helping cart stuff into the Con and initally setting up the SCA booth.
Sir Brian of Sacred Stone for fighting in the tourney and attending the entire con in garb Sat.
Brianna for staying in garb and helping the SCA image during their the entire stay at the con Sat.
Talorgen ap Wrguist for fighting in the tourney and staying in garb for the entire event Sat.
William of Scarbough for fighting in the tourney and staying in garb for the entire event Sat.
Richard the Bear for helping and staying in garb the entire event Sat.
Calidore who fought and helped man the SCA booth.
Ulf Edmundson who fought and stayed in garb most of Sat.
Wilhelm der Schwartze Leopard for fighting.
Eirik Grolokkr for parading with us and authorizing (It's a little hotter here than in North Shield hey?)

If I left out anyone, I'm sorry..I'm still recovering (2 hours of sleep)

Axel