[MR] Hire A Bard at Highland River Melees

Gail ladysayher at gmail.com
Thu May 28 10:51:20 PDT 2009

Forwarded for Lady Swannoc Beag, Baronial Bardic Champion of Highland
Foorde,

At Highland River Melees, on June 6th, Hire-A-Bard is a service whereby, for
a mere $2 donation (to benefit equally the Canton of Gryffsonvale and
Kingdom Travel Fund), one may
engage the services of a bard such as myself to deliver a message in the
form of a song, poem, or prose recitation.

Birthday greetings? Anniversary? Thinking of you? Lauds of beauty or
courage? Death threats? Plague warning? Hire-A-Bard handles them all.
You may choose from our extensive collection of song and poetry, write
your own message, or have a bard craft a custom creation. If desired,
your bard will shed tears (we supply the onions).  Your donation also
includes a handsome scroll, suitable for framing or privy use, which is
given to the recipient and attests that he or she has been "barded".

Testimonials from our satisfied customers (Saladin the Great, Henry II
of England, Eleanor of Aquitaine, and Peter Abelard, to name but a few)
will be displayed for your consideration at our base in the A & S tent at
Highland River Melees.

We're cheaper than a tart and generally much cleaner. I'm Swannoc, and I
want to be your bard today!

Lady Swannoc Beag
Baronial Bardic Champion
Barony of Highland Foorde