[MR] W.O.P.P.

Jim Looper jimlooper at embarqmail.com
Sun May 24 12:33:28 PDT 2009

War Orphans Pirate Party

Arrrrrrgh! Well, blow me down if it aren't time again for WOPP. But this time, we'll be takin' her over! That's right, mateys; there'll be no PITY in this here Party. But there won't just be one of those so-called "movies" we'll be appreciatin'. No, if yer gonna do 'er, do 'er right, sez I. EVERY Pirate movie ever made. We've plumbed the depths of Davy Jones locker for the entire treasure trove of them.

Activities:
Armored Combat: TBA
Rapier Combat: Team Ship-to-ship battle (3-5 person teams) and Sinking ship scenario
Archery: TBA

A&S:
Brewing Competition
Period Nautical devices
Anything documentable to any pirate movie.

Classes:
Throughout the day, there will be classes on a variety of Period Nautical Subjects. Classes/schedules are being determined. (If interested in teaching a class, please send an email to: m'lady Asherah bint Badra mkroberson at gmail.com).

Feast:
As always, the Canton of St. Georges will be providing the main course: beef on a bread trencher (with or without cheese). We ask that those taking attending feast please provide the following according to Modern Last Name: A-M: Side dishes, N-Z: Desserts.

Costs:
Daytrip ONLY: $8.00
Youths 6-18: $6.00
Feast: $4.00
Children 5 and younger: Guests of the Canton
Non-member surcharge: $3.00

Site: Pickens County Shrine Club,  831 Griffin Mill Rd., Pickens, SC, 29671
Site opens: 9am
Closes: 9pm
GATE CLOSES AT 2PM!
This site is Wet. No pets, smoking in designated areas only.

Directions: Take your best route to SC Hwy 123 (Upstate South Carolina). Take Highway 178 North towards Pickens. At second red light, turn RIGHT onto Breazeale Rd. Turn LEFT onto Griffin Mill Rd. Site is on the RIGHT.

Event Steward: Baron Lucien de La Rochelle, Jim Looper, 207 West Keels Rd. Hodges, SC, 29653. 864-554-0586, jimlooper at embarqmail.com

Reservationist:M'lady Suzanne de Clopton, Suzanne Clopton, 236 Stadium Dr., Westminster, SC, 29693. Email: suzanne.clopton at gmail.com

Please make checks payable to: "SCA Inc., Canton of St. Georges"