[MR] Journey Through Time Tourney

Taren S joesemi at bellsouth.net
Fri May 22 07:33:23 PDT 2009

Equestrian Activities for:
Journey Through Time

May 29-31, 2009
Incipient Canton of Brockore Abbey - Hartsville,  SC
Site: Anitoch Recreation Center, 2460 Antioch Road, Hartsville, SC 29550.
Autocrat: Lady Milicent Shiveley (Robin O'Neal), (843) 917-4511,   Hagatha819 at aol.com

EqMiC- Lady Eleanor de Montfort (Taren Semiklose) (843) 665-1252 joesemi at bellsouth.net .  Must notify if planning on bringing a horse on site no later than one (1) week prior to event.

  Site opens to horses at 12noon on Friday
  3 pm-Field opens for practice
  6 pm-Rider authorizations
  7 pm-Jousting Tourney for the local Food Bank-double elimination, 3 pass runs. Please bring a non-perishable or canned food item.
  Saturday
  9am- Field opens for practice
  10am- Gaming Challenges- Champion to receive a scroll and tourney ribbon for horse
  *Spear the Villains in Time- The leaders of the Huns, Mongols and Saracens will be upon our field. Take up a spear or lance and see how many you can kill. Beginner and Intermediate will have spears/lances handed to them. Bannerette can have spears in ground before the target.
  *Rings of Development-Tilt rings of wood, brass and steel retrieved in that order
  *Surviving History-Triple Quintain Run

  Lunch Break

  *Baron's Lunch Challenge Course-Teams of 2 riders will have 3 mins. to complete as many of challenges as can to retrieve food items for the Barons' lunch. Course will be posted Friday afternoon.
  Beating Time Challenges- Champion to receive a scroll and tourney ribbon for horse
  2 pm Individual Crest Tourney- Crest must be min. 4" high attached to top of helm with either Velcro or magnet
  3 pm Crest Combat Melee
  4pm-Activities end for day
  Sunday
  9am Field opens for practice
  10am Drill work and tilt rail practice
  12noon Pack and go home
  Equipment list needed for riders: Spear and/or pig sticking lance, quintain lance, Jousters need to bring own Styrofoam tips, Crest for Crest Tourney and of course bling, bling and more bling!
  Please bring either a billet or representation of coat of arms to hang upon the field. All horses on the Tourney Field must have some attempt at pre-16th century barding or garb according to persona.
Cost:
Adult, Member: $5.00 Day-Trip, $7.00 Feast, $3.00 Camping for weekend
Adult, Nonmember: $8.00 Day-Trip, $7.00 Feast, $3.00 Camping
Youth (6-17): $3.00 Day-Trip, $7.00 Feast, $1.00 Camping
Child (0-5): $0.00 Day-Trip, $7.00 Feast, $0.00 Camping
Horse- no fee. Coggins will be checked. Horse encampment area is under a nice shaded area with trees for high lines. Electric tape paddocks must have a warning sign posted.

Make Checks Payable To: SCA, Inc., Barony of Nottinghill Coill
Reservations: Lady Emma verch Howell (Karen Beedy), P O Box 1811, Hartsville, SC 29550, E-mail: k.beedy at hotmail.com
Directions:
***Please feel free to cross post****