[MR] Many Thanks for Steppingstone Volunteers!

Angela Faye Yau feataure at yahoo.com
Mon May 18 20:07:36 PDT 2009

Well, now that we have all thawed out and unpacked and such,
time to reflect on the day…
We had an excellent demo at Steppingstone and event rolled
into one.  The public were well
entertained and instructed and I heard many positive comments, especially on
how great it was that we had interactive activities.  Many kids and adults tried shooting on the archery range thanks
to our own Lady Katarzyna and throwing rocks and slinging bolts from the onager
and ballista thanks to Baron Jonathas .  The heavy weapons fighters were a hit and gathered a large crowd and the
arts and sciences demonstrations were visited by a steady stream of people
throughout the day.  By making this an
official event this year, we were able to add authorizations and as reported by
Chagan we multiplied our number of combat archers and siege engineers.  Many brave souls faced the cold winds and
soggy ground but the skies stopped falling long enough for us the share our
love of history with the public and they were quite appreciative.
As always, the great folk of Bright Hills make putting
together such an event easy with everyone pulling together to help out.  As such, I have many people to thank.
-Haus Wulfshaven for site setup as the demo-gods. :)
-Baron Jonathas
Reinisch - came up from Dun Carraig with an Onager and a Trebuchet and ran a
day long demo with visitors shooting the equipment at targets, then ran a class
for Siege Engineers and authorizations.  10 new siege engineers
authorized.
-Baron Barre fitz
Robert of York marshalled and ran a class on Combat Archery. He ran
authorizations for Combat archery. 5 new Combat Archers authorized.
-Baron Heinrich
Kreiner - Marshal
-Lady Rebecca von
Zweckel - Marshal in Training
-Lord Kollack von
Zweckel - fighter
-Lord Graham
macRObert - fighter
-Lord Fulk the Bald
- fighter
-Lord Nathan of
Arindale - fighter
-milord Travis
Kramer, called "Hurricxane" - fighter (No SCA name yet)
-milady Lane Hickman
- fighter (No SCA name yet)
-Lord Cairrell mic
Cormaic - fighter
-milord Lechlin mac
O'connel - fighter
-Lady Livia di
Samuele - fighter
-Lord Randver
Askmadr - fighter
-milord Okai of
Bright Hills - fighter
-Baroness Martelle
von Charlottenburg - cheerleader and newly authorized Siege Engineer who was
heard to say "30 years in the SCA and I FINALLY got my fighters
card!"
-Assisting the
fighters, waterbearing and authorizing were Lady Sweiczka Kaim and Lady
Nem Dochartaigh - who would have been marshalling Equestrian activities had
they not determined the ground was unsafe for the horses.
And our official staff
that made it possible for these many fighters to have such a good time!
-Baron Temur of the
Kerait - MiC
-Lord Alexander
Fowler - Mol
-Chagan Khulan
Baghsi - Mol
-Lady Katarzyna
Witkowska- marshaled target archery
with 50+ mundane archers and shared history of archery along with her helpers
on the line
-milord Aaron Witkowska- archer
-milord Gustav Emile- archer
-Lady Ingeborg I Trondheim- archer
-milady Evelyn de Trees- archer
To my helpers with the fundraiser bake sale for TRM travel
fund and Pennsic party…
-Lady Wynne ferch Rhodri ap Hywell
-Lady Deirdre O'Bardon
And our many displaying and demonstrating artisans…
-Lady Brienna Llewellyn Lindsey- weaving
-milady Swannoc Beag
-milady Rebbekkah Samuel- quilling
-Lord Denis de Dijon- embroidery
-Lady Margherite de Dijon- embroidery
-Baroness Cordelia Fitz Robert of York- fingerloop braiding
-Baroness Martelle Von Charlottenburg- naalbinding and
embroidery
-milady Eithne- illumination
-Lady Catriona inghean Giricc- weaving and baked goods
-milord Steven Wilkinson- sword and knife display
-milady Mary Wilkinson
-milady Amalia Kunne
-milady Penelope Kriebel
-Lord Richard Wyn- bard to rock the barn!
And Last but not
least - Domina Barbara Giumaria de Roberto - check in person and Chatelaine
Extraordinaire.

Whew!  As you can see
we had a goodly turnout and many folk to share with the public.  I apologize if  I missed anyone or have misnamed everyone, as I have done my best
to check and double check and wish to thank everyone who contributed to us
sharing “Always the Best from Bright Hills” and having a great time doing so.
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You
YIS,
Lady Faye de Trees

I did bring home a few lost and found items…
-a plastic grocery bag with 2 bags of chocolate chips and a
can of sweetened condensed milk
-a black gym bag with red trim that contains bottled water,
apple juice, glucose tablets, and a metal shoe horn
Brienna took home a yellow Seminole Sampler bag with fabric
and towels that we deciphered was Charlie’s and she will be getting it back to
you…
 Angela Yau
Interpretive Planning, Training, and Design Consultant
Professor of Natural Science, Santa Fe Community College
Vice President, Southampton Middle School PTO
Board Member, MA & PA Heritage Trail, Inc.
Lady Faye de Trees, Chronicler and Dance Mistress, Barony of Bright Hills

"For in the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught."
-Baba Dioum

Parchment and PCs Consulting
Interpretive Planning, Training, and Design
Professional interpretive services on a personal level…
Angela Yau, M.S., CIP, CIT, CIG
angela at ParchmentandPCs.com
www.ParchmentandPCs.com
Phone (410) 838-9694