[MR] Bardic at Crescent Guard Games

Katherine Hawkins k_hawk_us at yahoo.com
Sat May 9 09:21:40 PDT 2009

Join us for Bardic Activities at the Crescent Guard Games! Campfire
performances Friday and Saturday nights include competition and a
theme, and Saturday there is a Middle Eastern Dance class with veil.
The archery range is Dry, but the campfires are Wet, hint hint, nudge,
nudge.

The theme for this year’s Archery Competition is Dante’s Inferno, and
Friday night we aspire to heaven. Bring us your songs, stories, poems
and dances that look upward and aspire to purity. There will be a
competition for Youth Performance; Jadwiga is
sponsoring a bardic competition on Friday for “best overall,” and Nina
Amaya is rewarding the best performance specifically about an
archer(s) or archery- any format, original work or period, but must be
complimentary. .. this is Heaven Night!  Lady Katarzyna is rewarding best Youth performer.

Saturday at 2pm there is a choreography class using the song “Marco
Polo”, a professional filk (though Lotreena McKennit would sue me for
saying it) of the 14th century Turkish song “Mevlana”. We will use
silk veils which will be lent to clean fingered dancers. All ages and
genders welcome. Chance to perform it at Artscape in July.
( http://www.meetup.com/Baltimore-DC-Bellydance/calendar/10130441/ )

Saturday Night- Gird thy Loins (or not)- It’s Inferno Night! Best
Roast of an Archer or Archery in any medium is the competition
sponsored by Nina Amaya. Lady Katarzyna is sponsoring a bardic
competition Saturday evening with a “Dante’s Inferno/Divine Comedy”
theme. There will also be Youth competition Saturday night, and you
might try to answer the question that burned around the fire last
year: What DO you DO with a Drunken Archer? The only prize for that
‘competition‘ is laughter and self satisfaction.

We are expecting members of Bright Hills’ Performing Arts Guild
Extraordinaire and the band DragonSong (
http://www.myspace.com/dragonsongband ) to be in attendance! Come out
and play!!

--
www.NinaAmaya.com