[MR] Highland River Melees A&S Challenges

Gail ladysayher at gmail.com
Fri May 8 10:55:53 PDT 2009

Please join us as we welcome Their Majesties and Their Highnesses to the
beautiful northern Highlands of Atlantia on June 5, 6, and 7.

Below is the list of A&S challenges for Highland River Melees.  All
information can be found on our website:
http://highland-foorde.atlantia.sca.org/hrmelees.php

*
*

*HIGHLAND** RIVER MELEES 2009*

Arts & Sciences CHALLENGES

A Celebration of Cymru

 *01*. *TAKE A LEEK*

*a.  *Original recipe featuring leeks and containing other period
ingredients.* *

*b.*  Leeks or daffodils in any medium.

* 02.**  WOVEN  BOOKMARKS:*  Using the colors of Llywelyn the Great (red or
gold).  All forms of weaving are acceptable. Should She so desire, these
will be donated to Her Majesty for use in her treasure basket.

* 03.*  *USE OF A RED DRAGON, any medium.*

* 04.**  THE LETTER L, any medium:  *In honor of Llywelyn the Great, c.
1173 – April 11, 1240 and Llywelyn the Last, c.1225-1282.

* 05.  **USEFUL THINGS**:*  Make something used daily, it does not need to
be pretty; must be made with period methods and still useful today.

  *06.  **FIT FOR A PRINCESS:**  *Honoring Gwenllian, the last true Princess
of Wales (June 1282- June 7th 1337).  What she might have worn, construction
of a young Princess's garb, had Gwenllian not been kept in "captivity"
behind the Sempringham Priory walls.

Lady Margaret