[MR] Novice/Challenge Tournament

ldmolly at md.metrocast.net ldmolly at md.metrocast.net
Tue May 5 05:36:11 PDT 2009

  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }
	Good Gentles of the Tavern, I ask a moment of your time this
morning. On June 21st of this year, the Baronies of Storvik and Dun
Carraig will be hosting a tournament to test both the newly authorized
and the seasoned warrior. For those warriors who tire of testing
themselves on the list field, the Ladies of the Gallery would invite
all warriors who think themselves noble to brave the Seat Perilous and
to test themselves against those who practice the gentler arts. Though
we realize that we are often weaker in form (and might seem poor sport
upon first glance), we have labored mightily to create challenges
worthy of heroes. It is our hope to inspire those who often inspire
us.

	For those seeking to participate in the helm display, might I
suggest the following information to assist you? Please visit:
http://www.princeton.edu/~ezb/rene/renehome.html and look about
halfway down the page, there are instructions for viewing some of the
illuminations from King Rene's Book of the Tournament (they're housed
at the Bibliotheque Nationale in France and are unfortunately not
public domain, so I cannot post the pictures for public viewing).

	Additionally, might I also suggest:

	       http://assumearms.com/Heraldry-Definitions.aspx (has
definition of the different terms used for heraldic display, including
those relating to the helm display)
http://www.randyasplund.com/browse/medieval/crest.html (making a helm
crest)
http://www.adamastorshire.co.za/chronicler/stormtidings/archive/heraldry/helmet.html
(more instructions on making a helm crest)
http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/polcrt/Helms.html        In service to my
Barony and her people, Mary Isabel of Heatherstone