[MR] Brewing at Storvik's 30th Birthday

Elspeth Payne ebpayne at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 31 14:08:30 PDT 2009

Storvik's celebrating their 30th birthday on Septembeer 11-13!  I'm hosting a brewers' roundtable - mead, beer and ale are preferred but wine and cordials are acceptable. This is no competition.  Just bring a drink you've made to share and receive comments and suggestions.

If we have enough people interested, I'll make two circles - the inner circle will be people who brought a beverage to share.  The outer circle will be interested bystanders (bysitters?), who get to taste if there's enough left after pouring for the inner circle.  You may bring a commercial beverage you've been particularly curious about, but it had better be ne that is firmly rooted in pre-1600 history!

Just a note - the after-feast bardic circle has a pick-pass-or-play format, which could be particularly fun for us brewers.  "Be prepared to Choose your favorite Song and Bard in the Circle, OR Perform
your own. But beware, any who pass must fill the cup of the next performer. Audience is participation is requested and required! Water and punch will be provided."

I look forward to seeing y'all there!

Sorcha Prechan
Royal Brewer