[MR] WOPP Thanks (long)

Jim Looper jimlooper at embarqmail.com
Mon Aug 17 09:21:25 PDT 2009

Unto Their Excellencies, Talun and Elizabeth, Baron and Baroness of Nottinghill Coill, and Their Populace, does Baron Lucien de La Rochelle send greetings.

WOW! What an event!!! I am floored by the support, the enthusiasm, the numbers, the ice-cold sponges, the classes, the fighting, the archery, the A&S, the merchants, the food, the camaraderie, the plumber who got the standing ovation, the everything else I am forgetting to add!

To say that War Orphans' Pirate Party was a success, is an understatement. And when all is said and done, I could not have done it without and incredible Event Staff, and here they are in no particular order, my thanks goes to:

Lady Millicent, M'lord Donald, Lord Jean-Claude, M'lord Ryan, and M'lady Reaux. An incredible group who grilled in the Carolina Heat! Also, everyone who brought side dishes and desserts!

Baron Takeda, Lady Brianna, m'lord Aurelius, Lord Magnus, and "The Unknown Plumber" for all of the hard work when all of the sites toilets stopped working...

M'lord Jonathan, and M'lord Charles who shuttle people back and forth from the closest public facilities!

Count Sinclair, Baron Takeda and Lord Antonio for being my Marshal's. Lady Amye for being my MoL (sorry for the lack of signs, my bad).

M'lady Asherah for coordinating the nautical classes throughout the day. Lord Marcus, Lord Antonio, Lord Jack the Black, for teaching the wonderful period nautical/pirate classes.

Baroness Brig for running the A&S. Also the judges for all of the competitions (I haven't received the names as yet, but thank you!)

Master Eldred for running the Archery and what an archery competition it was! Lord Geldamar, for understanding my mistakes (I'll figure out a way to run the one you came up with!)

Lord Arturius, and M'lady Jessica for running the kids activities.

M'lady Suzanne for womanning the gate.

Baroness Brig for running, and Count Sinclair, Lord Antonio, Lord Marcus, Lord Brandon, Lady Meadhbh, and Lord Jack the Black for volunteering to get ice-cold sponges tossed at them for such a worthy cause. Also, for the Lady Merchant (apologize for forgetting your name) for creating such wonderful tokens to those who participated! Lady Brianna and M'lady Asherah for providing the dayshade and backstop. To everyone who through a sponges!

Master Eldred, Psaltery Dreams, and Lady Cyndra for donating such wonderful prizes.

Beyke Brewery for donating what has to be the coolest raffle prize EVER! I knew I should have bought more tickets!

To the entire Canton of St. Georges, for the flags, the site set up, clean up, just everything!

If I have forgotten anyone, my apologies. Know that you have my thanks for all of the hard work you did.

Sincerely,

Baron Lucien