[MR] found

the.lady.phoenix at gmail.com the.lady.phoenix at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 15:00:30 PDT 2009

Hello all,

While helping a client, we found in her throw away pile a plastic horseshoes
set with wooden stakes which I thought even with the bright colours would be
appropriate for the younger crowd to use as a period game (assuming that it
is period at all) and safer then the metal ones, plus if they are really
young they might actaully get some distance and be able to play against
adults uing the metal ones at the same distance and get as fair a fight as
can be done.

I also have a copy of "Once Upon A Time" a card game while not period, could
be alot of fun.  You start X story cards, and 1 ending and everytime you say
an element of the story in your story cards you discard taht card, but if
you say a story element that someone has they can take over, you have to
draw a new story card and they discard the one they used and continue, it
goes like this until someone is able to use their ending card (after using
all their story element cards) and there by win.  In a way having a group
come up with an orginal fairy tale everytime you play.  It also has
Expantions such as the Dark Tales (not sure if that is the proper name)
which has less cherry ending for those of a more gothic/dark nature.  Or if
you just want to make a more all hallow's eve approriate tale.  And if you
are more creative then I, you can buy a collection of face cards that are
blank so you can write your own, story elements, and endings, and have them
blend into the deck so people don't know by looking at the backs of the
cards that the elements are not the standard ones.

Are either of these good ideas (obvuiously the later might not be, but a
long war, week+, might be a fun way to spend an evening (perhaps mixed with
a drinking game and a voice recorder, so that everytime you lose control of
the story you have to take a shot of X.. the recorder is to play back how
silly the story gets as number of shots taken goes up, for the next day.)?

Sara