[MR] Pennsic Volunteer Thanks

scribe0002 at aol.com scribe0002 at aol.com
Tue Aug 11 05:49:14 PDT 2009

Pennsic Happened. How, you ask? Because a great many people gave up portions of their vacations to work and no other.

I know of some of the folks ... Hrothney and Arn taking on the nearly entirely thankless job of parking monitors...Lady (shiny new title) Elisabeth Hansler (Emmie) from Windmasters who pulled the Childrens' Fete together with the help of many Atlantians including Brianna O'Duinn, Arnora Olafsdottir, Niccolina the Wanderer, Jeanmaire du Domremy and I KNOW there were more in that completely packed barn ... Elena  Modarova vnuka from Isenfir spent many hours in Heralds Point as did Cael of Sacred Stone, Evan da Collaureo, Herveus d'Ormond, Alisoun MacCoul of Elphane, Olwyn  ni Chinneidigh, and, I am certain, many more ... Olwyn was also, as she has been for many years, the merchant liason.

A metric ton of Atlantians taught classes.

Troll I don't know how many At Atlantians stood behind that counter this war but I know I was checked in by a man wearing Typical Atlantian Thug T, Evan (as always) spent many shifts there, Anne of Carthew surprised me there on Friday when I wasn't wearing my glasses and Adriana la Bretonne set out as official escourt with us ... Eleanor of Grey helped with the Thrown Weapons range (big surprise there) ... Andreas de Caunteton was in the Chirurgeon's Point when I was called there for my daughter who had been involved in an incident with a wagon, a hill and a fence post ... Morwenna Trevethan put in her usual hours with the Chirurgeonate and waterbearing and I know of at least one Pennsic virgin who put in a shift as part of her Chirurgeon Training path Gwenhevare of Alnwick ...Both Saunooke and his lady wife Makai from Sacred Stone spent many hours running security carts hither and yon

O, yeah, and the deputy mayor, next year's Mayor of Pennsic is John von der Velde

I know with a burning certainty that I have missed mention of Atlantians I myself knew to be working and I am very sorry. Two weeks in the mud and the sun have dulled my senses. There were, I feel equally certain, many people who served the event from Atlantia of whom I was not aware. Who were they? Did you see an Atlantia do something remarkable in service to us all at Pennsic? Speak up.

In any case, thank you, whole heartedly, to everyone who served on the various varieties of the Pennsic Staff. Thank you.

~gise