[MR] online nuisance person out there for all who sell lampwork

bmcellis bmcellis at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 1 10:28:37 PDT 2009

This is from one of my modern yahoo groups.  It's always good to know about your state and county sales tax laws even if you're only selling in SCA.

Hope it's not too confusing.

Rebecca

--- In NancysBulkBuys at yahoogroups.com, "Karin Cernik" <karin at ...> wrote:

Background info:

This girl is a lampworker, who bought other artists' lampwork beads and sold them as her own.  When she got called on that, she took it on herself to try and destroy their businesses.  She has been methodically targeting lampwork artists, trying to get their etsy shops shut down, for some trying to get storefronts shut down.  If you speak out against her, you are targeted next.

Totally aside from the fact that much of what she says is patently false, she creates a nuisance for artists.  She will purchase something from one to get information on the seller, such as IP addresses and paypal information, then use that against them.  Paypal has a file open on her; if she buys something from you report it directly to them to have them cancel the transaction.  She uses multiple email addresses, numerous etsy accounts, etc to try and get to people.

Her wordpress blog has been shut down; blogspot (google) won't shut her down without a court order.

There is also a pretty humorous spoof of her blog:  http://handmadeartisanfraudtruestory.blogspot.com/ <http://handmadeartisanfraudtruestory.blogspot.com/>

________________________________

The ORIGINAL link that started this conversation...........

http://handmadeartisanfraud.blogspot.com/

Has anyone seen this? Sounds like this person is trying to beat out the
competition. This person is nuts (plus they can't spell)!!

It looks like it is mainly Texas that they are targeting but there are
some artists from other states as well. Maybe they think their
competition is taking all their business, who knows. Wow, there are
really some wackos out there.

Here is what they write about themselves:

>>Fraud Handmade Artisan investigation
Handmade Artisan Fraud Watch, is a group of concerned citizens from
various States,who have been buying from on line venues(such as Etsy,
Artfire, Ebay etc) from several sellers' shops and have been paying with
paypal. Majority of the sellers DO NOT have their State Sales Tax permit
issued.EVERYONE who sells and collects money on line AND offline is
REQUIRED to possess a State Sales Tax id and this number is public NOT
private. We are here to teach and warn the consumers. We accept ALL hot
tips and will be more than happy to research your suspicions about a
business, so keep reporting to us. Everyone has a right to know the REAL
TRUTH! We will NEVER post or list any business unless we feel they are
pursueing >>fraudulent onlineon lineess practices. Our investigations
might take months, weeks, or days, but we WILL get to the bottom of it!

It's interesting that they lump all the states into this. Not all states
have the same requirements and you do not have to have a sales tax
number to sell items on line or off. In fact, in places like OK, they
won't continue a license if you don't meet a certain sales amount. If
you sell things, then you pay your sales tax as an individual, without a
tax number. I don't know about Texas, but you don't have to put anything
about sales tax here, you just need to pay your monthly sales tax at the
percentage for each area your product is delivered to.

NancyA

www.beadcatz.com
 http://beadcatz-nancya.blogspot.com/
 Check Out My Blog