[MR] Dog Emergency - OT

David Chessler chessler at usa.net
Sat Aug 8 17:44:23 PDT 2009

I have been reading "Reaching the Animal Mind" by Karen Pryor. She is the
principle developer of "click" training, based on "operant conditioning" by BF
Skinner. She uses only positive reinforcements to "substitute" an acceptable
behavior for misbehavior.

I have not tried this yet, but it is worth looking into. I have used similar
methods (positive reinforcement) on cats, with some results.
See also her other books:
Don't Shoot the Dog! The new art of teaching and training
Clicker training for dogs

www.clickertraining.com

She runs a behavior school in Massachusetts.