[MR] Siege of Glengary

DeirdreBP at aol.com DeirdreBP at aol.com
Sun Sep 19 15:27:17 PDT 2004

Fair Atlantians- Your assitance is requested  in helping in the efforts to
defeat and win the bountiful Sylvan Glen for  our own.
9th Annual Siege of Glengary - September 24-26,  2004
Hedgesville, WV
Important Update----Date , site, and price  changes!
Long envious of our lush valleys and fertile farmlands, the  Barony of
Highland Foorde is once again rallying the armies of the mighty  Kingdom of Atlantia
to attack our small shire in an effort to take our bounty  for their own. We
have faced this threat before with the help of our friends and  allies, but
there is reason for great alarm this year, as we fear that the  Atlantians have
discovered the source of our shire’s prosperity.
For generations, the Sylver Apple of Sylvan Glen, bestowed upon  us by the
Great Sylver Stag, has provided us with bountiful harvests and good  fortune It
has been our most jealously guarded secret, but now that it has been
revealed, what will become of Sylvan Glen?
Join us as we rediscover our past and fight for our future at  the Camp Frame
4-H Campground. This new site features a 350-seat feast hall,  lots of room
for classes, an indoor fencing arena and 200+ bed Viking longhouses  (dormitory
style cabins) and best of all, there is a decrease in the camping fee  even
with all of these amenities. Camp Frame Rd (no street number), Hedgesville,
WV, Sept. 24-26, 2004. The site will open on Friday, Sept. 24 at 6 pm and close
on Sunday, Sept. 26 at 4 pm. This site is wet.
Activities will include fighting, archery, fencing, a feast for  60, classes,
and an A & S competition with the theme “Castles: Forts of  Fancy”. Entries
may be in any media such as but not limited to textiles,  woodwork, even food
for the clever culinary craftsman as long as it features  castles in some
form. The winner shall be declared the Keep of Glengarry.  Children are encouraged
to enter, and the winner shall be named the Assistant  Keep of Glengarry.
A feast for 60 is being prepared by Lady Theodora Quenell.  Dietary concerns
may be sent to her at: _ladyquenn at aol.com_ (mailto:ladyquenn at aol.com)  or call
her at  304-263-4330.
Prices are as follows:
Camping: $12.00 (down from the  original $15.00 camping fee); day trip,
$8.00. Children ages 6-15 camping,  $7.00; day trip, $3.00. A light lunch will be
provided Saturday and is included  in the site fees.
Feast is an additional $5.00 for adults, and an additional $3.00  for
children ages 6-15. Children age 5 and below camp and feast as our guests.
Pre-registration is encouraged, especially for those wishing to feast as  at-the-door
feast slots will be limited.
Please make checks payable to "SCA, Inc.-Shire of Sylvan Glen.”  Kindly send
reservations by September 10,2004 to Lady Sueva the Short (Theresa  de Souza)
Rt. 2, Box 486, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425, _crdesouza at aol.com_
(mailto:crdesouza at aol.com) , 304-728-2256.
The autocrat is Hrefna of Wulfgard (Tammy Pritt, 52 Brandewine  Cir.,
Martinsburg, WV 25401, (304)262-2895, _siege at sylvanglen.org_
(mailto:siege at sylvanglen.org) . The deputy autocrat  is Lord Clovis de Aragon (Chris de Souza, (304)
728-2256, Rt. 2 box 486, 110  Riverhaven Dr., Harpers Ferry, WV. 25425 E-mail:
_clovisdearagon at aol.com_ (mailto:clovisdearagon at aol.com) . Event website:
_http://www.sylvanglen.org/local/siege.html_
(http://www.sylvanglen.org/local/siege.html) .
Directions: Take your best route to I-81. Take exit 16W in West  Virginia.
This merges onto Rt 9. Follow Rt. 9 through the town of Hedgesville,  WV. Once
you pass the Hedgesville Fire Dept., it’s approximately 3 miles to Camp  Frame
Rd. Turn right on to Camp Frame Rd. Continue on this road, staying to the
right. Camp Frame is at the end of  it.