[MR] Directions for Chalice

egeorges egeorges at cox.net
Mon Sep 13 10:32:43 PDT 2004

>Ok, so I guess the Chalice of the Sun God event didn't
>list the address because it's being held at "Prince
>William Forest Park"?

Yes.

>In any case, I googled for the physical address.  Can
>anyone tell me if this is correct, since the
>directions on the park page differ from the event
>page?

>Prince William Forest Park
>18100 Park Headquarters Road
>Triangle VA 22172

>This is probably the address of the main headquarters
>and not the camp.  The event directions say to get off
>at 152B, but the park directions say to get off at
>150B.  If anyone has the actual camp address, it would
>be appreciated.

Part of the reason you don't include "physical addresses" for State and
National Parks is that when you are dealing with a location that covers over
15,000 acres of land (which is the case with PWFP), the physical address of
the HQ building is absolutely meaningless in determining where the site
really is. PWFP's cabin camps have separate entrances from the main part of
the park, and indeed, 2 of the camps are on one side of the park, 2 are on
the other side, and there is yet another camp in a third location, each of
which are best accessed by separate exits off of Interstate 95. (BTW-- The
HQ building is accessed through an entrance separate from ALL of these other
locations.)  The cabin camps receive no mail, so they have no postal
addresses, which is what Mapquest relies on.

So to start with a "physical address," or more technically, a postal
address, is as wrong a place to start as any other with parkland.

The directions in the Acorn and on the web are the best directions, and have
been tested a number of times.  I would advise against using Mapquest
directions to a postal address for PWFP HQ.

Look forwad to seeing you at the event!

In Service,
Luce Antony Venus
Autocrat, Chalice of the Sun God