[MR] Calling All Brewers or Future Brewers in Atlantia

Kim Toyofuku kim_wolfshavensca at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 11 22:00:44 PDT 2004

To All and Sundry That Would Make and Imbibe Goodly Libations,

Recently, Storvik has seen a renewed interest in the art of brewing and, of course, imbibing said creations partly in response to Lord Michel von Schonsee’s - Atlantia’s Royal Brewer - efforts to revive brewing within our kingdom and fueled by the enthusiasm of new and old members. In an effort to maintain this newfound momentum, we are looking to start a newsgroup dedicated to revitalizing brewing practices and interests not only within our barony but also between you, our neighbors, as well as other kingdoms. In doing this, all of us will be able to pool resources, utilize various people’s talents, and help strengthen and support everyone’s efforts to get brewing to grow and thrive within the SCA. Currently, we are looking to build an email list of those who would be willing to support this effort. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join. Please email me or Lord Michel doppelganger at runbox.com with any questions.

We would also like to extend an invitation to others to join us this Friday, September 17 at 7pm at 12309 Rambling Lane Bowie, MD, to make and take home a gallon of mead for the cost of ingredients to see if you have the brewing bug or to just come and see what we do and discuss future brewing activities. Those interested can find details on Storvik’s website - http://storvik.atlantia.sca.org - or contact Lord Michel for more information and to say you would like to participate.

As University quickly approaches on October 2nd with 6 brewing tracks being offered in beginning and advanced brewing, the time is ripe to encourage everyone to support their local and neighboring brewing groups around the kingdom and jumpstart our efforts to get this newsgroup off the ground. And as a reminder, there are various brewing competitions being held at upcoming events such as Turning Leaves on September 17-19 in Greenwood, VA and Thegns and Thralls: A Night in Heorot on October 29-31 in Street, MD. We look forward to hearing from all of you who would like to keep brewing alive and flourishing within Atlantia.

Yours in Service,

Lady Kim of Wolfshaven

Minister of Arts & Sciences
Barony of Storvik