[MR] Translation question

Eleanor FitzWilliam eilionoraingheanuilliam at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 10 13:19:26 PDT 2004

Beg everyone's pardon this Friday afternoon, but I need some assistance,
please.

A friend of mine found out that I'm involved in the SCA, and was wondering
about my persona (which is Irish).  The conversation gradually led to other
areas, but returned to the nature of my query.  My friend (and now myself as
a result) were wondering where one might venture to translate a quote.  Are
there any websites online where you can type in the quote (or words) and
have them translated for you?  Or, to make this slightly less of a headache,
is there anyone on this list (or any other list for that matter) who could
possibly help me with the translation?

This is the quote:

"If not now, then when?  If not me, then who?"

(This kind of reminded me of the conversation on the list a little while ago
regarding chivalry.  I've always liked this quote, and would like to,
somehow, incorporate it into my persona.)

Any help would be so much apperciated!!!!!!!!!!!
(Please feel free to forward to any list you may deem fit.)

Eilionora inghean Uilliam
Or, a phoenix issuant from base, head to sinister, gules and in chief three
suns sable
Shire of Seareach --->  seareach.atlantia.sca.org
Shire Chronicler
mka Ashley Elmore