[MR] Masters of Defense, FAQ

Kynnyth Pyke scacynwrig at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 7 08:24:38 PDT 2004

I wanted to address some more questions on the MOD
tournament!

Q.  Do you have a list of "Ye Olde Bad Asses" that
will be appearing?"

A.  While I don't know everyone who is coming, I do
know that the following will be there (I'm waiting for
other confirmations still...):

Duke Cuan MacDaige
Master Robert Bedingfield, OWS
Sir Thomas of Calais
Master Kevin of Thornbury, OWS
Sir Colin Gordon
Master Roland de Mounteney, OWS

Q.  In period, there were "Ancient Masters" of the
London Masters of Defense, will there be any present
at the event and who are they?

A.  Well, since Master Robert Bedingfield is the
principle of the Companions of the Order of the White
Scarf, I would assume he was the Ancient Master.  He
will be there, just don't tell him I said he was an
Ancient Master.

Q.  Is the tourney epee or schlager?

A.  The tourney is being conducted under the Schlager
Prefered format.

Q.  I don't want to come up and then not get enough
fighting, can you guarantee there will be enough
fighting?

A.  There will be 4 lists of bear-pit style fighting
going on between 10:30am and 4:00pm.  If that isn't
enough fighting for you, er.... seek help.

Q.  "I don't fight heavy" or "I don't fight rapier",
should I still come?

A.  There will be prizes and recognition given to the
best rapier figher and the best heavy fighter, in
addition to the overall tournament winner.  There will
be lots of fighting.  Come.  Fight.

Q.  Where can I send reservations?

A.  Tonwen ferch Morien (Susan Olney), 7301 Eden Brook
Dr, Columbia, MD 21046. (410) 290-5866

Q.  Is there a website?

A.
http://lochmere.atlantia.sca.org/MoD/Masters_of_Defense.html

Drop me a line if you have more questions!

Lord Kynnyth Pyke