[MR] Western NC?

L Shuskey/Elize elizedanizza at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 19 19:52:14 PDT 2004

Here in Boone, the University cancelled classes due to flooding.  I saw a bunch of driveways washed out, esp. those with bridges.  I talked to one older guy who's been here all his life, and he said the water at his house was the highest he's seen it in 30 years.  Our event site - where we would have been holding the event this weekend - also lost a bridge & had a couple of trees down across the road I hear.

To the best of my knowledge, everyone in the Shire came through OK, aside from a few losing electricity for a few hours.

Elize

Becky McEllistrem <bmcellis at yahoo.com> wrote:
I haven't heard any requests for help so I guess our
friends in Western NC are OK.

Small planes at RDU were tossed around like toys.

Rebecca

Argent, a pale purpure cotised vert between two sprigs of lavender proper.

"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur.  L'essentiel est invisible aux yeux."

          (One only sees well with the heart.  The essential is invisible to the eyes.)

                    - Antoine de St. Exupery, from Le Petit Prince (The Little Prince)