[MR] Re: Gaming in October

Oxford, David dmo at pqa.com
Tue Sep 14 06:47:09 PDT 2004

>> If I can get away from work I am hoping to try to get to
>> this event.  (Isenfir's Games Tourney -- Oct 23)
>> Will know more in a few weeks. :-)  Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>> Gisella

Ah, a fine sentiment!  All gamers of fair Atlantia should make their
best effort to be at Games Tourney in Isenfir on October 23rd.  Where
else can you play Chess, Goose, Fox and Geese, Nine Man Morris, Shogi,
Crowns and Anchors, Gluckhaus, and a host of other games too numerous to
mention?  Plus tons of outdoor games, too!

And oh boy, the PRIZES!!! I saw the first prize for the chess tournament
on Sunday.  It's a hand-made oversize chess board, where each black
square is an intricate, multicolored Book-of-Kells-type scene, made by
one of our local artisans who specializes in game boards and
Celtic-style art.  (Her longsuffering, worn-out comment on Sunday was,
"I'm never putting this much effort into a prize again!"  She's been
working on it full-time time for over a week.)  I've got pictures of it
(almost finished ... Still needs a topcoat/varnish), which will go on
the website in the next few days.  It's gorgeous, and it could be yours!
Plus there are books, fancy dice, and all sorts of other prizes, too.  I
don't recall immediately what the open-game tournament first prize is,
but rest assured it will be great!

See the event website at http://isenfir.org/gamestourney for more
information.  It will be growing from it's basic state at the moment,
including prize lists and pictures, tournament details, etc.  But
there's the basics there now to get your registration in so you don't
miss out on the wonderful food!

See y'all in October!

Bryan Morgan
Isenfir