[MR] Translation question

Dave Montuori damont at wolfstar.com
Fri Sep 10 17:51:48 PDT 2004

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Eleanor FitzWilliam wrote:
> Are there any websites online where you can type in the quote (or words)
> and have them translated for you?  Or, to make this slightly less of a
> headache, is there anyone on this list (or any other list for that
> matter) who could possibly help me with the translation?

There are many sites that do fairly literal-minded translations. The
problem with them is that they are just that: literal-minded. Idiom
doesn't even register on their radar, and most quotes tend to be pretty
heavy on idiomatic stuff.

However, there are many folks here at the Merry Rose who have volunteered
to do translations before, ergo you may be fortunate enough to find one
yorself. An important piece of information is *what language* you're
trying to translate into from English (or, occasionally, vice versa).

Evan
(Occasional Italian and Latin Translations at Reasonable Rates)