[MR] Pennsic Escort Service (Was, woman attacked at Pennsic)

Peters, Rise J. rise.peters at spiegelmcd.com
Fri Sep 3 07:27:19 PDT 2004

I'm with you.  I live in a city.  Pennsic is not paradise, but it is safer than downtown DC, and I feel perfectly safe here walking around without an escort every time I go out after dark.

Get a grip, people.  Stay aware of your surroundings, ask for company when you feel the need, put tiki torches on darkened stretches of road.  All of those are good things.  Elaborate programs to deal with an occasional bad actor is overkill.