[MR] dare ya....funky hat

RoxyGreenstreet at aol.com RoxyGreenstreet at aol.com
Sun Dec 19 16:24:10 PST 2004

Hmmmmm, entirely of square knots.........I would venture to  guess this hat
could be done in a macrame technique (yeah, I know it sounds  wrong but macrame
is VERY period, provided one is not making plant holders with  wooded beads)
over a form, using bobbins.  Since there is a textural  effect the knots would
have to be of different sizes to get that  effect.  I wonder if more thread
(parts of line) would be needed to make  the fatter knots.

     The decorative rod shaped bits on the  face of the hat are very likely a
macrame technique still used to  day.

     Hey, how would such a hat look on  ME?

     Instead of a wolf or such, I would  get a tin Laurel to pin on
it......hey, yuse guys, yousa wanna see mya  doc-u-menta-tion?

May your threads never tangle,
Dame Roksanne Grenestrete