[MR] Re: [caermear] Investiture thank you

Nicholas S. Malone Nix at Iolinc.net
Tue Dec 14 08:56:34 PST 2004

Greetings to their newest excellencies from AshaHito:
I attended the Investiture as is my duty by station and office. All was
well in most regards. Many people seemed to be in great good spirits and
all was well. The new Baron and Baroness looked appropriately pompous
and stately, as befits their stations in life. Fates have rewarded them,
but bask not too much in these earthly rewards that you forget your
obligations and duties. I know there were myriad details and persons to
attend to. Why, just the list of toadies, sycophants and lackeys needing
due attention would be more than I could manage without bloodshed. ( If
you would like to cull the herd some, I can get you good prices,
especially on the blond ones. except the mouth cook.)
I currently have no real concern for the trifle details overlooked
during the day. I know that all will be made right by their excellencies
in good time. Please remit 2 girls of marriageable age, 1 goat, 10 gold
pieces, and a modest cask of good honeywine, as due and fitting gifts to
the civilized peoples of your land. I am sure this largess will be more
than enough to guarantee the continued peace and trade within your
realm. I patiently await your response, and can take delivery at your
convenience.

AshaHito
Proprietor - Mongol Raider's Surplus Outlet
Head - Maison per vert y or
Minister of Surreptitious Affairs (Former - another oversight I am sure)