[MR] Barony of Bright Hills, A Grand Competition!

Fletcher Martha mrfletcher21133 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 07:21:58 PST 2004

Greeting to all!

Lady Martelle Von Charlottenburg has the pleasure to
announce that she will be sponsoring an Arts and
Sciences competition at the

Bright Hills Baronial Birthday on February 12th, 2005
To be held at the Hampstead Fire Hall, Hamstead, MD
Contact the autocrat, Mistress Jeanne Tenneur de Bec,
for more information. The event web site will be
forthcoming.

The theme will be ANY item decorated in the baronial
colors of BLACK and WHITE (or Silver). The item need
not be heraldic in nature. The only theme requirement
is that it should be PREDOMINANTLY decorated Black &
White or Silver.

Prizes will be awarded for Most Original Item, Best
Documented Item, and Best Overall Item.

A minimum of one documentation page is required and
should cover WHAT is your item, HOW did you make the
item, and WHAT specific medieval item or what sort of
medival item inspired you. Please include the Title of
your item, your SCA name, and Home Group.

Some ideas for projects are-
handwoven napkins, hand spun yarn, painted boxes, book
covers, beads, necklaces, surcoats, chair covers,
armour, leather working, shoes, purses, embroidery,
fans, hand made trim. The list is endless.

This  early announcement is made to give artisans time
to prepare their entries. These items could also be
for display at Kingdom Arts and Sciences Festival in
March!

If you have any further questions about this
competition or need advice on preparing your
documentation page please feel free to contact me.

Yours in Service to the Arts and Sciences of Atlantia!
Lady Martelle

=====
Here's my Home Business-I finish craft and needlework kits you haven't time for-
http://www.darningegg.com/

Here's my SCA Website-
http://www.speakeasy.org/~mefletcher/LadyMartelleVonCharlottenburg.html

Visit my Diary! Yes it's true I have one too!-
http://martel.diaryland.com/index.html

LbNA - P0/F2/X0/HH1/FF0