[MR] Special Notes about CM Baronial Investiture

Kim McGuire melisent_spinning at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 3 05:52:07 PST 2004

Greetings from the Autocrat (again),

I would like to remind everyone that this event will be held in a High School, and the fighting will be held indoors in the gymnasium. The school has expressed some concern about the gym floor being that it is the very middle of their basketball season. Fighters (armored, rapier, *and* youth), please remember that you MUST wear non-marking soles for this event. Non-compliance will be punished by being taken outside and being beaten with a sack of oranges before being sent inside to clean up the marks your shoes left. :)

Here is a link to the formats for both the armored and rapier tournaments:
http://www.geocities.com/melisent_spinning/combat.html

Caer Mear is making a special effort to create a care package to send to out soldiers who are fighting for us overseas this holiday season and we are asking that fighters (armored and rapier) please bring a donation from the suggested list ( http://www.geocities.com/melisent_spinning/carepackage.html) for this care package. These donations are your entry fee to get into the tournaments. If you have any questions regarding donations, please feel free to email me at melisent_spinning at yahoo.com.

There are two specific A&S competitions at Baronial Investiture. The first is Caer Mear specific; the Caer Mear Baronial Regalia competition. Anything that could be regalia for Caer Mear is acceptable in this competition. Documentation is encouraged.

The second competition is being sponsored by Baroness Magdalena de Hazebrouck and it aims at displaying an understanding of your persona's daily life. Submit any article of personal attire or personal possessions and be prepared to explain how that article is appropriate and significant to your persona.  Your explanation can be submitted as written documentation, or you can be present by your display from the hours of 1pm to 2pm to explain to the judges in person.  An extra judging point will be added to the normal judging sheets to give this explanation extra weight.

I want to remind everyone that the site opens at 9am. If you arrive early, you will be conscripted into the decorating and set-up effort. :)

A schedule of the day's events will be posted next week.

One last time; if you want to be on board, send in your reservations TODAY. Feast spaces are almost gone.

Warm regards to everyone,
Melisent la Ruse

"non nobis domine non nobis sed nomini tuo da gloriam"