[MR] December Acorn received today - 15th

Rachel/Rozsa qchell at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 16 13:00:32 PST 2004

>From my experience - if that is all that is posted - then the autocrats may
not have completed a flyer yet.  I know, at least in our Barony, that is a
problem that we have been working on.   There has been an occasion or two
where we were scrambling to get our flyer in so that it could be published
(and we could be official).  And from what was put out at the Seneschal's
meeting at Unevent, it appears many branches have done the same thing over
the past year and it is something we have all been asked to work on.  (Thank
you Lady Cassandra for being so forgiving...  :)

Obviously if the autocrats are not getting them done in a timely manner,
there is no way the Chronicler's office can disseminate the information to
the populace.

With the Kingdom website you also run into the inability to publish the
flyers until they are published in the Acorn - like the letters and such.
And from what I understand they are working on a new program that should be
up before too much longer, SPIKE2, that will list the information similar to
the extended version in the Acorn - autocrat, site information, activities,
etc. on the Kingdom site.

If you find an event - watch the elists - most events will publish their
flyer everywhere as soon as they get them put together.  The majority of
which usually hit the MR at least two or three times. Very often if you go
to the branch's home page they will have additional information there.

If you are having a hard time figuring out where the homepage is - on the
front page of the Kingdom website there is a place under Seneschal that has
a listing of all the branches in the Kingdom with links to their home pages.

Of course if you see an event title that looks interesting - there is no
reason why you can't pop an email off to the MR asking if anyone has any
information regarding the event.  Very often you will find that some people
may take the opportunity to just inundate you with information regarding the
event.  :)

Hopefully that helps!  I know it isn't exactly the response you were hoping
for.

Rozsa

http://rozsa.diaryland.com/
http://www.angelfire.com/nc3/heraldicdisplay