[MR] Unevent kitten update:Alergies.

Eric J. Campbell ejcampbe at unity.ncsu.edu
Wed Dec 8 10:46:57 PST 2004

As a very limited allergy sufferer as many of us are it is easy to forget
what allergies people have and I need to be reminded. Cheap incense
shuts my lungs down in an asthma like state and I have had to ask at
several events for campmates to please not burn fruity truckstop incense. The more natural stuff
doesn't bug me at all. Nuts, coconut, peanuts, and onions are all on my
SCA cooking danger list becasue I have several friends with deathly
alergies who have beaten this into my head with frequent reminders.

I'm sure if you would have pointed your alergy out to the people who were
watching the cat they would have removed it to a room not being used or to
someone's car and then asked for people to come check out the cat.  My understanding is that the cat was
at the site when we got there and was trying to get into the building to
stay warm.   It was not brought there by any of us with the intention of
unloading it.

On a related note not related to the cat.
There have been many times in the past year that I have been involved with
an activity that has agrivated an alergy
sufferer.  If I find out at the time I can address the problem.  For
example: I bring charcoal or propane feul for forges instead of anthrocite
because the sulphur agrivates some people's lungs.  If I find out after the event
sometimes months later through
the grapevine, I've found it's impossible to address the situation
effectively.

Sincerly
-Xavier

PS: If anyone wants some metalurgic grade coal from kayne and sons for a
forge drop me an email.  150lbs is taking up space.