[MR] Some Assistance

Lady Rhiannon lady_rhiannon at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 28 01:38:23 PDT 2003

In the past, I have posted a need for assistance, and the members of the
tavern have done their best to help me.  I come to you again with another
set of questions that I believe can be answered pretty easily by those
assembled here.

I need some assistance with two items and I hope the folks in the tavern
can be of assistance.

The first (and more important of the two); is information on the Moy and
Shinrone Gowns.  They are the basis for my next A&S project, but I'm having
difficulty finding anything about these two gowns other than Kass McGann's
wonderfully informative websites.  As I said, her websites are wonderful,
but I think more sources for information would be helpful.

The second, is rather frivolous.  While at Pennsic this year, I bought a
Pennsic 25 site medallion (yes, I know it was Pennsic 32 this year.. and
no, I didn't get taken :-)... it's what I wanted and the $2 I paid for it
was a donation to the Chirurgeonate); now, while the medallion is all
bright and shiny, I also know that it's a sundial.  I've been told that the
Pennsic 25 site book gave a good explanation of how to use it to tell
time.  Unfortunately, my Lord and I weren't in the SCA at the time of
Pennsic 25, so I don't have the site book.  Is there anyone out there who'd
be willing to copy the requested information (for my own personal use, not
to be resold or used in another way), or just loan me the book for a few
hours at an upcoming event?

Thank you in advance;

In service to Atlantia

Lady Rhiannon of Berra