[MR] Equestrian at Siege of Glengary

gormofberra at direcway.com gormofberra at direcway.com
Fri Aug 29 07:12:06 PDT 2003

(Forwarded for the Autocrat, technically this is an Aethlemarc event, but it is only about 10 minutes from the VA/WV line on I-81, and less than 2 hours from DC, so y'all come out now, ya hear?)

Unto the noble equestrians of the Known World does the
Shire of Sylvan
Glen bring greetings.  As the war drums sound ever
nearer to Glengary,
our cavalry musters for the siege.  We invite you and
the finest of your
war steeds to join us on the field of honor.

Mundane details: If your horses are planning on
joining us, please call
the Equestocrat in advance with a headcount so we can
best layout the
equestrian area.

The site is beautiful flat riverbottom.  There are no facilities, so you
must provide for your mount with portable corrals,
tying to trailer,
etc.  There may be a few pipe panel stalls available
for horses who
respect stall guards and play well with others' please
contact the
Equestocrat ASAP.  We will be along a treeline, but
plan to provide
shade for your horses as well.

There are no rental horses.

All horses require a Coggins test, and out-of-state
horses must have a
health certificate.

We may or may not have the mandatory 2 marshals for authorizations, so
plan on authorizing beforehand.  Denizens of
Aethelmearc can do a video
authorization through the Kingdom Equestrian Officer.
Call before the
event for updates on the marshal status.

We will play the IKEqC games, and a challenge course.
If you have any
special requests or ideas, please let us know!

Need crash space before or after the event?  Call the Equestocrat.

If you have any challenges, questions or concerns,
call the Equestocrat.
  We are going to do everything possible to have
Glengary Equestrian
rock the Known World!

Note:  the Equestocrat has a new phone number:
304.283.7411.  You can
still leave messages on the old one but this one will
connect you to a
living, breathing human being.  Usually.

The 8th annual Siege of Glengary is September 12-14,
2003.

The event webpage is at:

http://www.citlink.net/~msebeth/glengary.html