[MR] Artwork Needed for KWAR and KWCS

Ginny Barnett bethoc at peoplepc.com
Sat Aug 16 19:35:30 PDT 2003

Posted by request of THLy Wyndylyn Leanb' na Doinneann.
I apologize if this is seen more than once.

Greetings to the artists of the Knowne Worlde.
The Barony of Caerthe in the Kingdom of the Outlands
(Denver, Colorado, USA) is pleased and proud to host
simultaneously both Knowne Worlde Academy of the Rapier
and Knowne Worlde Costuming Symposium. Please visit our
website at: http://www.caerthe.org/kwcs/ Pursuant to
this, I am looking for cover art and interior art for
the program book. There is a contest for the cover art
for which the winners will receive KWAR-KWCS T-shirts.
Details are on the website.

I need two covers; one for each of the main tracks;
the program book will be reversible. Outside edges
should not exceed 7" X 9 ½". Art should include either
the title of the event (Knowne Worlde Academy of the
Rapier or Knowne Worlde Costuming Symposium) and
include "Barony of Caerthe, Kingdom of the Outlands,
October 17  19 A.S. XXXVIII" or blocked space for it.
Interior art can be anything, but in particular, I
would like cartoons to be used in the style of Mad
Magazine's (tm) marginal thinking. Cartoons should
be no more than 5/8" X 7" horizontal or 5/8" by 9"
vertical. Multiple panels for consecutive pages are
also most welcome. Other interior art should fit
either the above dimensions or no more than 2" X 2".
All art must be camera-ready black ink on white paper
or the electronic equivalent.

Please sign and copyright your work and do not send
originals. One idea is a castle window looking out
on a space where two fencers practice, watched from
inside by two people sewing. The matching cover is a
pair of fencers in the foreground with a castle
window behind them through which can be seen two people
sewing.

Art may be mailed to: Jean Hortman, 15912 E. Lehigh
Circle, Aurora, CO 80013 or electronically sent as
a GIF to mor_chathail @ yahoo.com

All art must be received by: September 28, 2003

Please copy this to any other lists where members
might be interested.

Thank you for your attention and patience.
Wyndylyn Leanb' na Doinneann