[MR] That is Merchant Business

Becky McEllistrem bmcellis at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 19:19:52 PDT 2003

Regular customers do have the right to ask what
happened to the businesses they frequent.  Whether or
not they get an answer is always a question.

It's an activist attitude versus a a passifist
attitude.  The activist in me wants to jump up and run
to defend while the passifist in me wants to take a
wait and see attitude.  It's always a struggle to see
which side of me "wins".

As a regular customer one can have a very strong voice
in the subject with petitions but as a customer one
also has to realize that we don't always have complete
sides of the story.  I also note that as one with many
merchant friends, that merchanting politics has the
potential to be just as confusing as any other forms
of politics.

It is reasonable as we begin to hear these stories to
ask for both sides of them.  However as guests of a
modern campground I'm not sure if we have the right to
require them.

Rebecca