[MR] War update for this year

Martha lghthse at verizon.net
Mon Aug 18 14:47:53 PDT 2003

For those of you who have been keeping track (and I know there are a lot of
you here and in other kingdoms that do) I am please to report that this year
for the second year running I have not broken anything at war.  I was very
careful to keep to my scooter and to not run over rocks, not to take tight
grades, and not to go to the battlefield where the ruts can toss a scooter
like a caber.  All of the folks of the House had a grand time even when we
had to sit outside the gates for great court because there wasn't any room
for us inside.  The only complications that we encountered was that we (the
land we were on that House Redoaks has had since they opened the Serengeti
for camping) was invaded and officially concurred by the Barony of Andlecrag
in the midrealm and when we begged fellow Atlantians to help us (a house
full of women and one older teenage boy) no one came to our aid.  The second
was when we were taking things to the storage locker on Saturday afternoon
my car was rear ended and won't open so I can not use my scooter.  I hope it
is fixed by coronation or I will not be able to come without severe help to
carry things and get me to the different places on site.

But all in all we had a great time, we laughed till dawn most nights and
then were up for class by 9.  Our traditional household all you can eat
steak night was a rib night this year and we fed many.  I hope you had as
grand a time as we did.

B. Annejke
Stierbach