[MR] Thanks for Cattle Raids from the Seneschal (long)

Elspeth elspeth at nc.rr.com
Mon Sep 23 03:59:30 PDT 2002

I would like to raise a glass and send thank from Nimenefeld to the people
that made Celtic Cattle Raids possible. (This could be hard because there
are so many.) This is not in any particular order.

First I would like to thank the Baron and Baroness of Steirbach, their
populous and allies for agreeing to have this little war with Windmaster's
Hill.  They rose to the challenge with fervor and faced their foes with
great pride and zeal.

Thanks to Rosia who created the pattern for the cows and all of the people
that made them.  We had asked for 30 cows and were hoping to get that many.
I think we ended up with about 70 in all personalities and sizes. I also
would like to thank everyone who took one home so I didn't have to store
them.

We asked for water and we got water. There was a great out pouring of water
brought to the site. Without that water the fighter, the kitchen, the feast
would not have been possible.  And I'm sure the recipients of that water
would like to thank you as well.

Of course I need to thank the staff. The Autocrat Aed and Deputy Autocrat
Eogan worked hard to put together a staff that took on their positions and
made them happen.  This was Aed's first time autocrating and the small event
that he started with turned out to be much bigger than anyone expected.

I need to particularly thank Annabella and House Golden Heart for putting on
the Baroness Lunch and tea.  It was tasty.

I would like to thank Rebecca for all of the hard work she did on the A&S to
make it a success.  We had so many great entries.  It was a great challenge
to get judges with several other events taking away potential ones.  But she
persist and it all worked out great.

The Feast was incredible and thanks go to Generys (her first feast ever) and
her tireless staff, who by the way took time off from work to make it all
possible.

And to all of the people on the fighting field, the fighters, MoLs for all
forms of marshal arts, the archery and thrown weapons.  I was unable to see
the fighting for I was at the Troll most of the day.  I hope everyone that
was fighting enjoyed the cows.

Gwenllian and all of the harolds need to be thanked.  They are the voice
that moves the event along.  Every time we needed some thing they announced
were there.

When you need someone to take on a challenge Girard is always there.  He
took on the Cook Off and made Aed very happy. Also thanks go to the two
teams that participated.  I heard the judges were very stuffed when
finishing with food that was fit for a Queen.  They gave up about  3 hours
of there time to taste all that wonderful food.

As always thanks goes to the Chirurgeon (Ren),  she had to patch up a few
people and one of them being the ambassador from England.

One of the biggest thanks goes to all of the people who cleaned up after
feast and on Sunday.  If you hadn't heard they doubled booked Sunday and
there was a Wedding to be performed at 4:00 and wedding party started
showing up at 10:30.  Everyone pitched in and we had the whole site cleaned
up by 12 noon.  It was amazing.  I've never seen so many people from near
and far get it done so fast.

And a personal thanks goes to Mor the Merry for dealing with the site
people, being Royal/Baronage liaison and for keeping me together.

Last but most certainly not least I would like to thank the King and Queen
for coming.  Making this a Royal progress helped Nimenefeld attract the
numbers needed (231 people attending) to make this a financial success.

I'm sure I've forgotten a whole horde of people, but just remember if you
helped out at this event it was all greatly appreciated and won't be
forgotten.

In service,
Elspeth Macalpin
Seneschal of Nimenefeld