[MR] Celtic Cattle Raids A&S honorable mentions

Becky McEllistrem bmcellis at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 22 15:49:32 PDT 2002

I'm sorry if you receive this more than once.  I
promise I won't do this very often!

I’m terribly sorry I didn’t have names to present in
Court at for the A&S entries at Cattle Raids.  The
list of names was packed away in a very safe place.
Too safe for me to find before court! I have a few
bits of amber that will be delivered to them shortly.

I must first thank my judges who spent between 4 and 6
hours commenting on all the A&S projects.  Mistress
Caitlin Cheannláidir took the long drive down, arrived
at 1am Saturday morning, then returned to DC shortly
before feast.  Mistress Fuil, who thought she was
attending an event to have fun offered to judge and
spent most of the day working.  Their comments were
individualized and courteous.  (I read every one of
them.)

I must also compliment those who made such a huge
effort in the Newcomer’s Kit competition.  The outfits
(including the children’s ones were incredible).  It
made choosing a winner extremely difficult.  It was an
incredibly popular competition with many entries from
Stierbach and Windmaster’s Hill.  I hope this
competition is repeated at other events.  Maybe we can
start a trend.

My favorite comment said by many was “How come my
first outfit never looked this good!”  The winner was
already recognized in court because of the effort in
documentation and the effort in a variety of items,
including a chair.  (The only thing I have to think
about next time is how to manage those entries that
were worn. <G>)

It was even difficult to choose names for honorable
mention.  The “anything celtic” entries that received
honorable mention generally had the requested
documentation, an effort to keep with the celtic/cows
theme, and the items had not been displayed recently
at other events.  The individuals that receive
honorable mention for their efforts are:

in the wood category – Alexander (of Nimenfeld) for a
wonderful carved betrothal table (I’m hoping those
that missed it will get to see it at 12th night)

in the leatherwork category – Colum Maxwell

in the glasswork category which included tile and
stained glass – Grace Whyting and Honora le Brun

I will be contacting you or your landed baronage
shortly.  Thanks again so much for such a wonderful
display!

In Service,

Lady Rebecca the Contrary
A&S officer, Nimenfeld