[MR] Drum Circle Information w/Flutesong

Flutesong Flutesong at carolina.rr.com
Thu Sep 12 06:34:54 PDT 2002

Drum Circle Information

I co - lead a drum Circle the 2nd Friday of the month at 7:30 pm.  The drum circle is located at the Piedmont Unitarian Universalist Church (www.puuc.org).  It is a social time where one can drum, talk. eat and share something of themselves.

The first one was a workshop in Introduction to drumming.  It gave us a base for drumming and helped establish how to play well in a group.  Second Drum Circle was a social time of storytelling and teaching drumming.  The third drum
circle was still more teaching and socializing.  The amount of rhythms we have learned and played help to establish a good base. The group is starting to play well and is forming friendships and connection through music.  The fourth session was interesting.  We experimented with soul singing and dance as well as refreshing what we have learned.

No one has to be a expert drummer. I want to encourage everyone to come drum no matter what ability.  All you have to have is a desire to drum and a snack to much on.  Come feel the rhythm of life and drum with us.  You are invited.

Where: Piedmont Unitarian Universalist Church.
            9704 Mallard Creek Road

When: 2nd Friday of the Month,
           Next one is September 12th
           7:30 pm - until