[MR] Invitation to the Incipient Canton of Sudentur's Demo September 21

Laurie Clarkston garadh at erols.com
Tue Sep 10 21:03:49 PDT 2002

Incipient Canton of Sudentur Demo

The Stafford Rotary Foundation has invited the Incipient Canton of Sudentur to be part of its 11th Annual Great Rappahannock River Duck Race at the Old Mill Park in Historic Fredericksburg, VA, Saturday, September 21, 2002 from 10 AM to 5 PM.  This annual fundraiser supports a variety of charities in the local area, such as Child Abuse Prevention Programs and assorted scholarships for high school students.

We have the opportunity to hold a sizeable demo at this incredibly well-attended and well-advertised event from 12 noon to 4 PM.  (They drop the ducks in the river around 4 PM).  Unfortunately, the duck race is the same day as the second half of the War between Windmasters' Hill and our parent Barony of Stierbach, being held at Celtic Cattle Raids in the Canton of Nimenefeld.  As many of the members of our parent Barony will be down south and cannot aid us, we are putting out a desperate and heartfelt plea to all persons who can come and support our young Canton in this wonderful opportunity.

We need heavy and rapier fighters and marshals, especially those willing to show off their armor and weapons to the crowd.  We have plenty of room for A&S displays, both static and active, to include metal-, leather- and woodworking, heraldic displays, garb, calligraphy and illumination, weaving, spinning, and embroidery-the list goes on and on!  We have a space specifically set aside for dancing, so willing dancers are a must, and musicians and other performers are even better.  We will have a gaming area where we will be teaching Nine Man Morris, and can use a few more volunteers familiar with the game.  And finally, we always need people to come down, look spiffy, and be nice to the great folk here in Fredericksburg.

If you've ever been to a Sudentur demo before, you know that we don't do anything small.  If you've never been, you should come and experience the madness!  We need help setting up/taking down tents, day shades, tables and list fences, and will gladly reward you with a sumptuous noontime repast if you can come in the morning to help set up.

Parking is impossible at the park, but we have secured a parking lot where we will run shuttle service back and forth.  There is an area at the park where you can drop off your armor, large items, children, etc. before going to the parking lot.

I will post more information as it becomes available.  Many thanks to all in advance.

Cairistiona de Coveran

garadh at erols.com