[MR] Crown Tourney

Rachel ladyrachel at sc.rr.com
Mon Sep 9 03:23:51 PDT 2002

Greetings to fair Atlantia from Baroness Rachel Wallace and Baron Sir Janos of Cyddlian Downs.
    Their Majesties, Cuan and Padraigin, have requested that House Platipi bring the shield tree to their Crown Tourney.  We will also be painting the shields for the tree this Crown Tourney.  As such, we will need to know which shields need to be painted.
    If you have entered a previous Crown Tourney and have your shield still (this includes a Spike shield if your device hasn't passed Laurel) , bring your shield with you.  We will greatly appreciate any that are already made.  If this is your first time entering a Crown list*, or your device has passed Laurel between last Crown and now, we will need to paint a shield for you.  What will make everyone's life easier all around will be if you can e-mail us with a computerized version of your arms with your SCA name.  This will make it easier to shrink/enlarge and otherwise manipulate to make it easier to draw.  This will also allow you to have your device drawn like you want it to look, not someone else's interpretation of the blazon.  You will get to keep the shield used on the tree during Crown Tourney.
    *Remember-if your device hasn't passed Laurel yet, then you will get a shield with a Spike on it.

Rachel & Janos
House Platipi