[MR] Help Request (Semi-OT)

Scott Rule nachtwulfe at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 8 12:19:44 PST 2001

Greetings and Salutations,
All Gentles of fair Atlantia!

Mundanely, I am a senior computer science student at UNCG. I am
working on a grammatical parser to interpret heraldic blazons.

I am requesting from anyone either of the following (please, use
English, not "Heraldese"):

(a) Imagine that you are a Newcomer to the SCA who knows very little
about heraldry. You have just returned from your second or third
event and you are sure of what you want as your device. You are
talking on the phone or writing a text-only email to your local
herald. Describe the device you want. It does not have to be good or
passable heraldry.

(b) Imagine that you are talking on the phone or writing a text-only
email to a Newcomer to the SCA who knows very little about heraldry.
Describe a device to them that they need to know. It does not have to
be existant or good or passable heraldry.

Please, reply to me privately. Since this may end up being part of an
independant study project, please, include somewhere in the reply
something to the affect "permission granted to publish".

Thank you for your consideration.

In Serveo,
--berenger/teiji

=====