Fw: [MR] Unevent and a very friendly Atlantia

Rowanwald Central rowanwald at sybercom.net
Thu Dec 6 13:47:27 PST 2001

> It was a pleasure to meet so many very nice
> people at my first Atlantian event.
> Many thanks to all who made me feel right at home!  VIVAT!
>
> For those of you old-timers who have forgotten
> that newcomers and "everyone knows that"
> don't mix, it would be best to put things like "wear
> mundane dress" in the flyer...
>
>From "the only guy in costume",
>
> Andras Salamandra

Good Sir Knight,
   It was a true pleasure to meet you also, and your garb was lovely,
especially to someone who had already gone cross-eyed trying to read the
slogans on too many t-shirts! You'll be relieved to know that it the only
event each year that is in modern clothing, and then only on a last-minute
decision basis. (I can remember the event "having" to be in garb "due to
insurance issues". Since my protégé ceremony was in the hallway during
lunch, in front of an impromptu Court called by Kane and Muirgen, you betcha
I can remember the "good old garb days"!)
   May you never have cause to regret having to leave your home Kingdom for
this one. In all my travels, I've never found a Kingdom so full of
good-hearted and open-handed friends.

In service,
Rosine of Rowanwald

(and thank you for writing your note. Oddly enough, I did remember your name
rather than following the "must forget anything important 5 times" rule.)