[MR] Ancient/modern cure for cancer from Wormwood

Christofe DuBois admin at scahunt.com
Tue Dec 11 14:42:06 PST 2001

Interesting:

I have two old cuielleres d'absinthe which I picked up while in France...  I
was told that the major problem with absinthe was the lead poisoning...

Many people would consume absinthe by placing sugar on a slotted spoon, then
pouring the absinthe through the sugar and then eating the sugar.  The
absinthe which drained throught the sugar and spoon was collected in a
container, and then used again.  Problem was that the spoons were made of
lead, which would erode from the strength of the alcohol, so the absinthe,
being used over and over, would contain increasing levels of lead...

The two cueilleres I have are made of lead and have definite signs of
erosion through the slots...

-Christofe DuBois
Owner, THE HUNT
http://www.scahunt.com