[MR] Very Nasty Virus Alert (Goner) and another called "HI"

Martha Wallenhorst lghthse at gte.net
Tue Dec 4 20:08:10 PST 2001

My sons office was hit with a new virus today.  It was replicated from a
friendly computer on a casual email address.  It has HI in the subject and
once opened it replicates itself through your address book and then mails
everyone in it.  The damage it does is to the .dll and .sys files and has
destroyed the hard drives and cmos of several of the computers in his
office.  So if you get a note from someone you know that just says "hi" in
the subject be careful. Sorry to disturb the list but I have found 8 viruses
through this list in the last year including sircam and codered.
Annejke

a at mm.html

Like I said, I NEVER post virus warnings but this one has already infected
the college system and caused chaos!

Rupert the Persistent