[Archers] BBC: King Charles Inspects Royal Archers

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford mallardlodge1000 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 15:41:04 PDT 2023

Noble Friends of the Bow,

Today BBC offered a brief video clip of King Charles receiving the keys to
the city of Edinburgh. Ho, hum, right?

No, it was way cool. King Charlese was escorted by Scotland's Royal Company
of Archers. So we get kings, kilts, bagpipes, and yew bows. It doesn't get
much better than that, except if we had the Royal Train thrown in.

Here's the link: https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-scotland-66093063 .
Actually the sound is bad, and the focus isn't so hot either. You might
just be satisfied with the still photo, which is sharp and says it all.

The Royal Company of Archers is the official ceremonial bodyguard for the
British Sovereign whenever HM is in Scotland. Cool uniforms, cool bows and
arrows, and nobody does tradition or ceremony like the Brits!

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge  🦆
A proud Scot and an Ardent Royalist.