[Archers] Period Arrow Rules and Ideas

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford mallardlodge1000 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 03:08:25 PDT 2021

Noble Friends of the Bow,

I had planned to present a Zoom class on the Society-level rules for period
arrows at the June University of Atlantia. This class was scrapped for
various technical reasons (it may be presented at the next University).

The slides and text are now available on the Mallard Lodge Blogspot pages
at https://mallardlodgehousehold.blogspot.com . This presentation discusses
the four Society-level rules for period arrows, includes period arrows from
paintings, and also features examples of my own arrows showing various ways
the rules can be interpreted. I do mention other aspects of the Society
rules in passing, but this class is about arrows, arrows and more arrows.

This is useful information for fellow period archers, but also important
for TA marshals and TA MITs. Even if you don't shoot period, you are likely
to deal with period equipment at tournaments and practices.

The Blog also has some other topics which any Atlantian might enjoy,
including my illustrated list of castles and other period buildings in
Virginia (sorry, but it does not include other states in our Kingdom).
There are also two posts about Scottish clothing that are revisions of
University of Atlantia class handouts.

Yours Aye,

Lord Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge  🦆
Shire of Isenfir TA Marshal