[Archers] Target Archery during the official moratorium on any SCA Gatherings

Peter Darby pjdarby at verizon.net
Sat May 30 15:55:18 PDT 2020

Archers and TA Marshalls,
I have just received word from our Kingdom Seneschal that all SCA gatherings, no matter how safe we think they are, are forbidden.    Those marshals that have access to ranges are forbidden by society and kingdom decree from hosting any  gathering.  Shooting Royal Rounds and submitting official scores could be seen as an official event.  I know a marshal may shoot their own "official" scores and submit them when shooting at their own ranges.  But since we can not have other archers present and thus the non-marshal archers will not have the opportunity to submit scores I am placing a moratorium on submitting Royal Round Scores until at least 1 July when the Society will re-evaluate our official position.
I do not see any reason to call a halt to SADD XII as it is a virtual event and submitted scores do not require a marshal,  However scores should be shot on an individual format not in a group.
In ServiceMaster Colum MaxwellAtlantian Deputy Earl Marshal for Target Archery