[Archers] Archery at War of the Wings

Lorelei Elkins ladygreenleafe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 09:05:11 PDT 2017

Good afternoon, brothers and sisters of the bow.

I wanted to give you an update about archery at War of the Wings sooner,
but I came home from war and immediately left for a work conference.  I'm
still catching my breath!

First, I want to thank Lady Sarah Sinclair for her stellar job on the night
shoot.  It put any night shoot I've done to shame.  Lord Mungo and Lady
Sarah also ran the kids line and made the youth war points targets, doing
an outstanding job, as always.

Thank you also to Lord Naran for the very fine job running the period
shoot.  It was thorough, interesting and challenging.  Lord Mungo Napier of
Mallard Lodge was the winner of that shoot.  There's a great picture
floating around Facebook of him in his period kit.

Many big thanks to Baron Christophe of Grey for jumping in to run the
Baronial Champions shoot and the prize shoot, and for your help as archery
deputy in general.   Chris LaStrange won the prize shoot and Lord Janyn won
the Baronial Champions shoot.

Thanks to Baron Colum Maxwell for teaching not one but two classes, do to a
scheduling error, and for running war points and working with newcomers.

Thanks also go to Lord Chris LaStrange for helping set up, break down and
set back up the range after various shoots and at the end of the day.  And
our newest Marshal Juan de Rojo, you were a very big help.

Other marshals who helped out and I thank wholeheartedly are Lord Ronan mac
Imair, Lady Alexandria of Steirbach, Lord Karl von Steirbach, Lady Eleanor
Duchester, Baron Dietrich Saphir zum Drache, Lord Robert Shockley of
Avonsford, Tristan de Lupo and Flokie (I think you have to update your
name.)  Lord Flokie and his lovely lady also painted about a dozen or so
target faces!!  Thank you so much.  There was also a young woman who moved
here from another kingdom and her name escapes me!  My apologies.  I hope
you are on this list and you can set me straight.  I'm sure I forgot some
people but I will check my notes later and smack myself in the head.

It was a lot of fun all and all.  Some thing have to be tweaked, as the
range configuration was a little different.  I will post in a separate
email about future plans for archery at WoW and share some of my concerns.
This email is all about the thank yous!!!

We had about 120 archers at the range and a dozen or so kids.  These
numbers are down a bit from previous years where we've had over 200.  This
may be due to so much going on at WoW or the new path to the range or lack
of advertisement...not sure.

Mistress Lorelei Greenleafe
MiC - archery, WoW.